THE GOOD KITCHEN


 Mussomeli is blessed with an Australian chef called Danny McCubbin. 

He bought a 1 euro house here and recently started rescuing food. It means that farmers, supermarkets and small businesses are supporting him with foodstuff and he's cooking for everybody for free. I am helping him with whatever I can - mostly cooking, but I also made signs and I support him and The Good Kitchen as much as I can. I just love the idea of not wasting food!

Me and my German friend making lentil balls

 Recently we made tomato salsa from the tomatoes donated by Nucera family. I don't know how many liters we made, but we used the pot big enough for me to sit inside. Local nursing home called Casa Vanessa got all the bottles of this delicious sauce as a gift. 

Every Friday at 13:00 we prepare lunch for everybody who's hungry. Isn't it beautiful!

Links to Danny's work:

Website

Instagram

Magazine article

Danny in the middle, and volunteers

Danny's speech to Mussomeli people
Yes, news on real paper!


Lentil balls, quinoa balls, hummus, pickled onions and fresh tomatoes, opening ceremony food





No comments:

Post a Comment